Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice change from tomato sauce. We love this for a fast dinner. My girls (ages 2 and 5)like it as well and it's a good way for us to get them to eat some spinach! (You know, if you mix anything with cheese it tastes great)!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cook first 4 ingredients for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- (I sometimes add some minced garlic and cayenne pepper to this mixture).
- Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Serve on cooked pasta (spaghetti or whatever you have on hand).
This is my type of food! Simple, inexpensive, comforting and yummy! Absolutely loved it.
After seeing this as recipe of the day,I had to try it; been on a spinach kick anyway. Thinned with a little cream and served on angel hair pasta. Great veggie dish!!
It was a rare and beautiful moment. I saw this as the recipe of the day, it sounded wonderful -- AND -- I knew I had all the ingredients on hand! I printed it and made it that night. I one-and-a-half timesed the amounts so there would be enough for my family, and perhaps a bit of leftovers for my lunch the next day. They devoured it and begged for more, complaining that I didn't make enough! Five stars all the way!