Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be thrown together from common items in your panty, fridge, or freezer. Leftovers work great, too! This is great for a rushed weeknight.
- 1 lb browned ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- i use pre-seasoned taco turkey meat or leftover taco meat
- 1⁄2-1 cup diced green onion
- you may substitute any onion
- 2 cups kernel corn
- 1⁄2-1 cup diced green chilis
- 1 cup any salsa
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- you may substitute water, if desired
- 1 -2 cup rice
- i use leftover pre-cooked rice
- 1 -2 cup pinto beans
- kidney beans, black beans or ranch style bean, would work equally well
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Combine water, mushroom soup, onion, meat, chiles, salsa, corn, and seasoning. Bring to near-boil. Add rice until warmed.You're done! Serve with tortilla chips and shredded cheese, if desired.
I made/found this because the wife wanted chili but I didnt have any tomato sauce to make it my normal way.I only used what I actually had in the pantry so I left out the cream of mushroom soup and rice. This will be made again-yumm, and one day I will make it the correct way.