Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
My kids love this, oh, and so do I... ;-)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet paprika, can substitue smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs pork baby back ribs (leave the membrane on the ribs to help hold them together)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sweet baby ray's barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- vegetable cooking spray
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, brown sugar, cayenne salt, and pepper.
- Rub this mixture all over both sides of your ribs .
- Arrange ribs in the slow cooker by standing them up against the wall of the pot, thicker side down and meaty side against the pot.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the ribs, cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Carefully remove the ribs, meat side down on a foil lined cookies sheet.
- Let the braising liquid in the slow cooker settle, then skim off the fat with a large spoon.
- Strain the braining liquid with a strainer into a pot. Simmer about medium-high until the sauce reduces to about 2 cups and is thicker. (Approximately 15 minutes).
- Brush the ribs with some sauce and broil until they begin to brown, 2-4 minutes.
- Turn the ribs over, meat side up, brush on more sauce and broil 2-4 more minutes.
- Brush on more sauce, until the ribs appear well browned and sticky.
- Transfer ribs to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for a few minutes. Serve with leftover sauce.