Recipe by getoutofmygalley
This is delicious, and I can't remember where I got it. It's good over rice, linguini or even mashed potatoes!
- 24 medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, but with tails on
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup medium-dry white wine (I use Chardonnay)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the wine and chicken broth. Marinate the shrimp for 2-6 hours (the longer the better). Saute the garlic and the onion on LOW MEDIUM LOW heat in the butter and olive oil. Add parsley and be careful not to brown the garlic.After about 5 minutes, add shrimp (with the marinade) and the juice from a couple of lemons. Cook until shrimp are pink.
- Juices in the pan will be bubbly. Serve immediately.