Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delicious and simple home made chilli using shredded beef and very few ingredients. If you like a spicier chili, you can add jalapenos or other types of peppers at the same time you add the tomatoes and green chilis.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs roast beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 (15 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 -4 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning (to taste)
Toppings if desired
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion
- Cut roast in fourths, cook meat in a frying pan on high heat with the olive oil until each side is browned, only cook one or two pieces of meat at a time so you do not overcrowd the pan.
- Put the browned meat, tomatoes, water, greens chillies, and taco seasoning in a large crock pot. Cook on medium heat.
- After about 6 hours add the beans to the rest of the ingredients, then cook an additional 2 to 3 hours.
- Check on the chili from time to time, if it begins looking too thick then add more water as needed.
- The chili is done when the beef begins looking stringy after stirring.
- When chilli is done serve with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, cheese, and/or green onions.