Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my fiance's favorite dishes. And it helps that this is super easy to make!
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces beef gravy
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Prepare 4 servings of mashed potatoes according to package directions using milk, margarine and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown meat in a medium, broilerproof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to separate meat.
- Drain fat. Sprinkle meat with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add gravy and veggies (make sure veggies are thawed and drained), mix well.
- Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon prepared potatoes around outside edge of skillet leaving a 3-inch circle in the center.
- Sprinkle parmesan evenly over potatoes.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and meat mixture is bubbly.