Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My mom made this recipe when I was little and called them Boonyalotties - it brings back wonderful warm memories - and now I make them for my kids too!
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage or 1 lb mild pork sausage, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza dough, Pillsbury dairy case
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion powder, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to temperature suggested on pizza dough can.
- Unroll refrigerated pizza dough onto countertop.
- Pinch off pieces of uncooked sausage and place liberally all over dough, including corners and edges.
- Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning and black pepper, to taste.
- Roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion, and slice into 1" pieces.
- Place pieces flat side down onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake approximately 12 to 14 minutes until a nice golden brown.
- My kids enjoy these warm with sour cream or maple syrup.
I like the concept,but I wonder why there is no sauce? still a good recipe.
MM yummy. better than safeway and fresher too. I never knew sausage rolls were suppose to have sauce, but I guess you could make some to dip them in, but if you put it inside wouldn't the roll go mushy?