1/1 Photo of Super Easy Salmon Mousse - Martha Stewart
2 hrs 15 mins
I saw Martha make this on the Today show and it looks super easy to make, and healthy too - if you opt for light sour cream. Cooking time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (from a 1/4-ounce envelope)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream or 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt
- fresh dill (optional) or capers, for garnish (optional)
- crackers, for serving or baguette, slices for serving
- 1Place 3 tablespoons cold water in a small saucepan, and sprinkle with gelatin; let soften, 5 minutes. Gently heat over low, stirring, just until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
- 2In the bowl of a food processor, combine salmon, sour cream, and lemon juice. Puree until smooth; season with salt. With motor running, add slightly cooled gelatin mixture, and blend until combined.
- 3Pour into two 8-ounce ramekins or bowls. Without touching surface, cover container with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm but spreadable, about 2 hours or up to overnight.
- 4Garnish mousse with dill or capers, if desired, and serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Salmon Mousse - Martha Stewart
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 133.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g