Recipe by gailanng
Easy enough for a child to make and good no matter what the occasion. Sit back and soak in the compliments. Should you want clusters, just drop by spoonfuls onto prepared paper then place in decorative paper candy liners.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate or 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (can replace 1 cup with glazed cherries or bits of caramel)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts, macadamias or cashews and toasted is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 8x12 inch baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper; butter lightly.
- Microwave chips and sweetened condensed milk in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute. Stir; chips may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in vanilla extract. Fold in marshmallows and nuts.
- Press mixture into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Lift from pan; remove paper. Cut into pieces.
- Optional Suggestion: Note: Replace vanilla extract with peppermint and sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top.