Recipe by Sooz Cooks
My family loves homemade salsa and after years of testing I have come up with the recipe they love the most. Tastes like it was made in a Mexican Restaurant and it is not too spicy.
Top Review by 55tbird
This is pretty much the same recipe that Ree Drummond has on her Pioneer Woman website. It is very good salsa. I used 2 10 oz cans mild Rotel instead of the canned chilies and canned tomatoes and chilies.
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, Juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. We like ours smooth so I just turn the food processor on until it is smooth.
- Test the salsa on a tortilla chip and adjust any seasonings you like.
- Will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.