Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family loves homemade salsa and after years of testing I have come up with the recipe they love the most. Tastes like it was made in a Mexican Restaurant and it is not too spicy.
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, Juice of
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. We like ours smooth so I just turn the food processor on until it is smooth.
- Test the salsa on a tortilla chip and adjust any seasonings you like.
- Will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
This is pretty much the same recipe that Ree Drummond has on her Pioneer Woman website. It is very good salsa. I used 2 10 oz cans mild Rotel instead of the canned chilies and canned tomatoes and chilies.