Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
It doesn't get much simpler than this--and it tastes so lovely!!!!!
- 1 lb smoked link sausage (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- hot cooked rice
- Cook sausage 5-8 minutes over low heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook until tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
I have used this recipe many times. It so easy and it tastes very good!!!