Recipe by Sherrybeth
This was something I came up one day when I was called at the last minute and asked to bring a pear cake to a function that night. It uses canned pears instead of fresh and a cake mix.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pears in light syrup (reserve juice)
- 1 (18 ounce) white cake mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare bundt pan (10 inch) by spraying with non-stick spray and flouring.
- Drain pears and reserve liquid. Chop pears.
- Place the pears and their juice in a large mixing bowl.
- To the pears, add the cake mix, egg whites and egg.
- Beat on low for about 1 minute, then on high for 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until middle is done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove cake to serving plate.
- When cake is completely cool, lightly dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.