Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from...? You know I can't remember now! But, it was so easy and so tasty! My kids adore them, and they are picky eaters! I do hope you enjoy this recipe! (I used real pumpkin puree, but canned pumpkin will work just fine, too!)
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml olive oil (can sub with canola or vegetable)
- 2 eggs, Beaten
- 59.14 ml water
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 118.29 ml walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combined pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, and spices.
- Then, combined with dry ingredients but, do not mix too thoroughly. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well-buttered 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes until a thin skewer poked in the very center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn out of the pan and let cool on a rack.
- Makes one loaf. Can easily double the recipe.
- If desired, you can use them in a muffin tin as well. They come out just as moist. If you use muffin tin bake for 20-25 minute.
This recipe is very easy and very good! I tweaked it a little by using about an extra half cup of organic canned pumpkin and used MCT oil in place of vegetable oil. Much healthier. I also used about 3/4 organic raw sugar and some liquid vanilla stevia extract. I sprinkled some chopped pecans on top. It came out delicious!!! I'm making another loaf with a little bit of raisins mixed in and will drizzle top with cinna-honey and pecans.:)
I made this today with my 5 year old daughter, and it came out perfect! Everyone in the family loved it, which doesn't happen very often. I made two small changes: (1) I used half a cup of white sugar and half a cup of packed brown sugar, and (2) I used 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour. It was moist and delicious and we will definitely be making this one again!
This recipe is amazing! After reading reviews, I made a few adjustments. Instead of white sugar, I used brown. Instead of all purpose flour, I used wheat flour. I also used extra cinnamon and added a little vanilla extract. My bread came out moist and very delicious.