1/3 Photos of Super Easy Puff Pastry Apple Strudel
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Make ceratin to use a good quality apple pie filling, I use E.D.Smith brand for this, it really makes a difference in the taste. This makes two strudels, you can cut the recipe in half and use just one puff pastry sheet and one can pie filling. This takes much less time to make than your traditional strudel version, but I think it is just as good! Prep time includes 40 minutes pastry thawing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a large baking sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- 3Thaw the puff pastry sheet for 40 minutes at room temperature.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the egg and water.
- 5After 40 minutes, unfold the pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface, with the short side facing you.
- 6Spoon the apple mixture on the bottom half of the pastry to within 1-inch of the edges, then sprinkle with raisins (if using).
- 7Starting at the short side, roll up like a jelly roll.
- 8Place seam-side down on the baking sheet, then tuck ends under to seal.
- 9Brush with the egg mixture.
- 10Cut several 2-inch slits (2-inches apart) on top.
- 11Repeat with the next puff pastry (if you are making two strudels).
- 12Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack for about 30 minutes.
- 14Slice and serve warm.
- 15Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Puff Pastry Apple Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (1792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1993.9
- Calories from Fat 868
- Total Fat 96.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 909.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 267.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 84.8 g
- Protein 21.6 g