1/1 Photo of Super Easy Potatoe Skins
This was a great way to use up a couple extra potatoes I had. Plus it was a yummy lunch for me and my son. I will probable double the recipe to make these for an appetizer for a group.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the broiler on your oven.
- 2Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
- 3Poke the potato 4-6 times with a fork to let moisture out during "baking".
- 4OPTIONAL: Rub butter on the out side of the potato and season with garlic, salt, pepper, or what ever seasoning you would like to give it a little extra flavor.
- 5Put the potatoes on a plate and put cook in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- 6While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon. I did it in the broiler to save on an extra pan and keep it easy. Just keep an eye on it so they don't burn. I just laid the bacon out on my broiler pan and put it right under the broiler.
- 7Once the potatoes are done, take them out and slice them in half.
- 8Use a spoon to scoop out a little of the inside to form a small shallow "bowl" with the potato.
- 9Chop the cooked bacon and sprinkle some in each of the potato "bowls" I plan for appx one slice per potato half.
- 10Next, Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes. I say 1/2 cup for 4 halves just as a general guess. You can go light or go heavy, how ever you prefer.
- 11Put the potatoes on a broiler pan, if you used one for the bacon, or even just a cookie sheet.
- 12Put the pan directly under the broiler and cook until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
- 13Remove from oven.
- 14Top with desired amount of sour cream and serve.
- 15Optional: you can sprinkle fresh chives or green onion on top after the sour cream.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Potatoe Skins
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 352.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.1 g