Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from a friend of mine that lives in the back country of Tennessee. It tastes so much like Bennigans Potato Soup but soooo easy to make!
- Cut potatoes into small pieces, add onion and boil in water just covering potatoes, about 20 minutes or until done. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Mix 1 packet of original country gravy in small amount of water until lumps are gone.
- Add to potatoes, slowly and heat until thickened (about 5 mins or so). If soup still looks watery, add another packet of country gravy.
- Some people have used 1/2 cup spud flakes to make it thicker also but I haven't needed it.
- Serve hot, topped with bacon bits and shredded cheese.
This is a really good and easy soup recipe! I only had 4 small red potatoes, so I boiled a bag of frozen cauliflower along with them and the results were fabulous - and lower carb! I also added about a tsp of chicken broth concentrate and used Pioneer Country Gravy Mix. I'll make this again and again on those rare cold days in Texas. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
This is one of my favorite potato soups and it's soooo easy to make. =)
Nothing this easy to make should taste so good! As one of your previous reviewers I too used a sub for the McCormicks orginal Country Gravy and used bacon having neither the McCormicks nor bacon bits on hand . (on for my next shop) Made with new potatoes fresh from the garden, some snipped in dill - yes super easy and super good. Thank you kbcountrymom it's been added to my family favorites.