This recipe came from a friend of mine that lives in the back country of Tennessee. It tastes so much like Bennigans Potato Soup but soooo easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes into small pieces, add onion and boil in water just covering potatoes, about 20 minutes or until done. DO NOT DRAIN.
- 2Mix 1 packet of original country gravy in small amount of water until lumps are gone.
- 3Add to potatoes, slowly and heat until thickened (about 5 mins or so). If soup still looks watery, add another packet of country gravy.
- 4Some people have used 1/2 cup spud flakes to make it thicker also but I haven't needed it.
- 5Serve hot, topped with bacon bits and shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g