This is a recipe my Aunt Barbara makes. It is super easy and good. It keeps for a while, reheats well and is perfect for those office luncheons! Everyone at work loves it!! I cook it the night before and then put it in a crock-pot for the luncheon. You can also top it with baked potato goodies like bacon pieces, cheese and chives. This is easily doubled. When I double it though, I usually still use just one can of evaporated milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put frozen potatoes in soup pot.
- 2Fill with water just to the top of the potatoes.
- 3Add milk, margarine, evaporated, milk and some salt and pepper.
- 4Cook over medium/medium-high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 5Allow to boil about 15 minutes, stirring regularly so it doesn't stick.
- 6Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer until potatoes are soft and ingredients are well blended (about 30-40 minutes), stir occasionally.
- 7If it is not the desired consistency, a thick creamy soup, you can mix a little flour and water in a cup and slowly stir it in to the soup.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 413.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: