Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make this all the time and my dh loves it. it is very easy to put together. it is my version of a boxed dinner but I think it is a lot better.
- 4 boneless pork chops (I use the tenderized ones but you dont have to)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chicken gravy (this too can be personal taste, you can use pork, mushroom, etc.)
- mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- dip pork chops in flour mixture
- fry chops in a skillet until both sides are a golden brown, they dont have to be cooked all the way through, they will be baked also.
- while browning meat prepare stuffing per package directions.
- drain chops on paper towels if necessary.
- spread stuffing in a casserole dish (I use 11x7) and lay pork chops on top.
- pour entire jar of gravy over the top and bake in preheated 350 oven for 25-30 mins or until gravy begins to bubble.
Made this last night and used the cornbread stuffing. It was delicious cooked with the gravy. However, our pork chops were a little bland. I'm going to make it again and add some onions to the mixture; I think that will "kick it up a notch".
what a nice change from using cream of mushroom soup! the only thing different i did was to use StoveTop chicken stuffing as that was what i had on hand today (probably tastes better with the cornbread stuffing). very easy to prepare and my husband actually liked it. he's not easy to please. i'll definitely make this again. thank you!
This was a great and simple recipe. I used a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1/3 cup of water and it turned out great. Will definitely try again. Thanks for a great recipe.