Recipe by Mandy N
A super easy dish for a parent on the go. can fix in the morning, or turn on in the morning and go..When you get home from work, dinner will be ready!
Top Review by CarolAT
The title is correct. These are really super easy to make pork chops. I made these pork chops for a dinner party following the directions exactly as written, and my guests raved about how tender, moist and tasty the chops were. The next time I make these pork chops, I think I will also add some onions in the pot to cook with the potatoes and carrots. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
- 8 pork chops (assorted works fine)
- 2 cups flour (for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons Crisco
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 10 small new potatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots (peeled)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the crisco. After the Crisco is melted, add garlic and saute so it helps give the oil the garlic flavor.
- Salt and Pepper the chops and the flour. Dredge the chops in the flour.
- Place chops in crisco, long enough to brown them, but not to cook it through.
- As you finish browning a chop, place it in a slow cooker.
- After all chops are browned and in slow cooker, pour remaining grease out of pan over the chops.
- Place potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker on top of chops, and salt and pepper them.
- Turn on low for 8 hours, or turn on high for 4 hours.