Recipe by Chef Kitten
I was hungry one day and had these supplies all sitting around, so then I decided to make something quick and easy out of them. It's so yummy! **Note** After baking, cut it in half to see if the cheese is melted through, if it isn't, pop it back in the oven (still cut) for another 3 minutes or so.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made this for lunch. This was quick and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I did this in a skillet instead of the oven. I added a bit of butter on each outside of the bread and cooked it like a grilled cheese. (it was warm today and I didn't want to turn on the oven) I used mozzarella cheese. These were good and the kids enjoyed them. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
- 2 slices bread (I use wheat)
- pizza sauce
- shredded cheese (I use 2 different kinds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast the bread in a toaster-- do not burn or over-toast.
- After they're toasted, place on a plate and spread the pizza sauce over one side of both slices.
- Sprinkle one layer of cheese, then add a layer of pepperoni, then another layer of cheese on one slice.
- Place the other slice on top and put on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted, wait to cool, and enjoy.