Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I was hungry one day and had these supplies all sitting around, so then I decided to make something quick and easy out of them. It's so yummy! **Note** After baking, cut it in half to see if the cheese is melted through, if it isn't, pop it back in the oven (still cut) for another 3 minutes or so.
- 2 slices bread (I use wheat)
- pizza sauce
- shredded cheese (I use 2 different kinds)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast the bread in a toaster-- do not burn or over-toast.
- After they're toasted, place on a plate and spread the pizza sauce over one side of both slices.
- Sprinkle one layer of cheese, then add a layer of pepperoni, then another layer of cheese on one slice.
- Place the other slice on top and put on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted, wait to cool, and enjoy.
Made this for lunch. This was quick and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I did this in a skillet instead of the oven. I added a bit of butter on each outside of the bread and cooked it like a grilled cheese. (it was warm today and I didn't want to turn on the oven) I used mozzarella cheese. These were good and the kids enjoyed them. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
Loved this! Nice and quick when you crave that pizza flavor, but don't want to go to all the trouble of making one. I used marble cheese and as suggested, wheat bread. :)
This was great!! Takes grilled cheese sandwiches to a whole other level. Would be really easy to add additional "toppings" to this. Made for PAC Fall 2008