Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple pineapple upside-down cake that is really good.
Make and share this Super Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (I use Pillsbury)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice (drained, reserve juice and add enough water to equal the liquid called for by your cake mix)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil and flour rectangle baking dish.
- In small pan melt butter and brown sugar together.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Place pineapples on bottom of baking dish.
- Mix cake mix as directed except instead of water I used the juice from the can of pineapple and added water to it to make up the difference.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg to batter and mix well.
- Pour batter over brown sugar mixture and pineapple.
- Lightly tap pan on countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Bake as directed on the cake mix package.
- When done, immediately place a dish on top of baking dish and flip to remove your cake.
- Tip: When you oil the pan, use a little of the dry cake mix to"flour" the bottom and sides and then return excess to the mix for batter.
- This way you don't get the white on the outside of your finished cake.
I have a husband, neighbor, and a sister who all have heart problems and/or diabetes. I made this recipe today and changed a few things and it was the best! Used a 20 oz can of light pineapple, 1/3 cup egg substitute, 1/2 unsweetened applesauce instead of the oil, and Splenda brown sugar (1/2 C = 1 cup regular). The neighbors brought over fat free vanilla ice cream. All thought it was delicious and we will all keep the recipe altered. (It's probably better with the good stuff, but we really enjoyed it.)
Made this for our camping trip and everone just loved it. Had a little left over a WEEK later,(got covered up on the table) and it was just as fresh as the day we made it....Really moist cake!!! Had to make ten copies at friends request. Thanks
I made this cake for a birthday and it was a big hit. It was fast and easy to make.I will definatly be making this cake in the future.