Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty pickled eggs that are easy to assemble in half an hour with only 4 ingredients! Learned from my friend Simone. They must be stored in the fridge at all times - this is not a canning recipe.
- Hard-boil the eggs (takes about 15 minutes) then drain and re-fill the pot with cold water.
- While the eggs are cooling, place remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan on high heat. Heat to low boil, then simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
- While the pickling solution is simmering, peel the eggs and place in a 1 quart mason jar. Don't worry if an egg sticks above the jar rim slightly - they squish down.
- Pour the pickling solution into the jar. Since the eggs will float up to the top, make sure the jar is filled up to the rim with pickling solution to minimize air up there. If you don't have enough pickling solution, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of sugar until it is up to the rim.
- Set on counter to cool to room temperature, then label with the date and place in the refrigerator.
- Wait 2 weeks for the eggs to pickle thoroughly before eating. Keep them in the fridge and try to eat them within 2 months (after that they are still edible, but rubbery in texture).