Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This couldn't be easier to make, and it was so good! I got the original idea from Kraft, but really made it my own!
- Place basil, garlic, salad dressing and cheese in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Make adjustments to spices as necessary.
- Toss with olives and pasta.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to mix.
- Overnight is good.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese on top.
This was really good! We have lots of basil and I was looking for something that would be light for a summer supper. I didn't have any italian dressing so I used Bev's Italian Dressing #43522. I must have been heavy on the basil as my dressing was green not like the picture I used the Barilla PLUS penne which is a 14 1/2 oz. box so I used the whole cup of Italian dressing that Bev's recipe used. My husband doesn't like black olives so I left them out. I topped it with imitation crab for him and he was a happy camper. Thanks for a great recipe.
absolutely fantastic! i added shredded chicken
Made this with a few things added. However it was great as is.