Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My kids beg for these sweets every Christmas and Valentines day. They are lowfat, super easy, and adorable!
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, cut a 1 inch hole in the corner.
- Squeeze 1-1/2 inch kisses of meringue onto ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Bake at 225F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until dry but not brown. Cool; remove from foil. Store in an airtight container.
Quick, easy and delicious! They are my middle son's new favorite. I didn't feel bad about eating so many because they're fat free!
So good! Easy, light, they were gone in no time. Usually I am not too fond of mint flavour but here it was not overpowering, just right.
Thanks for posting.
Made for PAC-Autumn 2012
These are light with just the right amount of mint flavor. Perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray-very pretty, too!