- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 peppermint candy canes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, cut a 1 inch hole in the corner.
- Squeeze 1-1/2 inch kisses of meringue onto ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Bake at 225F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until dry but not brown. Cool; remove from foil. Store in an airtight container.