Recipe by Carolyn R.
You have all this stuff in your kitchen! Add chicken or tofu to make it a main course.
Top Review by Beckster1496
Strange, but very good! I tasted the sauce first, and wasn't too sure about it ( alittle too much PB for me), but... I added the noodles, red pepper, and onions and it was very good! The flavors blended well together. Thx
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, any flavor (you'll throw out the flavor packets anyway)
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 fresh lime, juice of (don't substitute lemon, don't use that fake lime stuff in a bottle)
- red pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red peppers or 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 -2 scallion, julienned (green onions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up noodles in the package into smaller pieces. Throw away flavor packets (you don’t need the sodium). Cook in boiling water for two minutes or until al dente and then drain.
- Combine the peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce and lime juice. Add red pepper flakes to your preference. Stir or whisk until smooth.
- Add the carrots, red pepper and scallions.
- Pour over the noodles. You can substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand, if you have a can of water chestnuts or ½ a bag of bean sprouts or some celery that works too.