Recipe by jrt26
This is excellent homemade peanut butter fudge. It will CURE your sweet tooth! I love this recipe because you almost always have the ingredients on hand. It is very easy to make.
Top Review by clairesgirl
This recipe is very similar to another one on this site so after reading both I felt I had a good idea of how to make a successful pb fudge. I used a half cup of condensed milk and then one cup of peanut butter. I did not use any butter or margarine in the recipe at all. After bringing the sugar, cocoa, milk to a rolling boil (which took some time on a medium to medium low heat) I then poured this mixture into a large glass bowl that held the peanut butter and vanilla. I beat this until everything had noticeably thickened before putting the fudge into my aluminum foil Pam sprayed nine by nine inch pan. I did taste test what remained in the bowl and it was over the top decadent. After cooling a bit on the counter the pan of fudge is firming up in the fridge for a few hours before cutting. I did sprinkle some chopped honey roasted peanuts on top of the fudge before it set up too much. I think this will be a wonderful holiday gift for family and friends! And, so easy, too!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Sugar, Milk, and Butter in a pan and heat on stove until boiling. Only boil for 1 minute.
- Stir while cooking.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter.
- As soon as the peanut butter goes into the cooked sugar etc. it will start to melt just keep adding peanut butter until it is not too thin. You want it thin enough to be able to pour it into a pan.
- Next pour into greased pan and cool in the refridgerator to set.
- This turns out to be very sweet and creamy fudge.