Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is a wonderful recipe i came up with while having one of those "I really feel like baking something iv'e never tried before" days. (Yes, that's right! I came up with this recipe myself!). I was feeling like baking some cupcakes, and at the same time, I was staring at my "Peanut Butter dough" recipe. What that is, is a dough that consists mostly of peanut butter, of course, and obviously tastes very much like peanut butter! I really like this recipe because it is super quick and easy, and really comes in handy when you find yourself stuck in one of those situations where you have to bake something right out of the gourmet oven in less than an hour for preparation! If you are planning on making this recipe not at this very moment, these are a few things you should get ready before you start baking: Have all of your pans ready, and all of your measuring cups, and spoons ready. Main hint: BE PREPARED! :) Another thing is: make the cupcakes first, then get them out and chill them in the fridge while making the peanut butter filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxof betty crocker super moist vanilla cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 whole eggs
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 3⁄8 cup butter, softened. (3/8 cup, for those beginner bakers, is an imaginary line right in half between the 1/4 sign, and the)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- VANILLA CUPCAKES:
- Follow the directions on the box.
- Let cool in fridge while making the peanut butter filling.
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, the softened butter, and the vanilla.
- Mix on medium (if you don't have a mixer, just go ahead and use a fork, not spoon!) until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar while mixing.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape in any of the pwodered sugar that remained on side of bowl.
- The mix may not be fully mixed together, so stick your hands in it and knead the mix until very smooth and doughy.
- NOTE: If the mix is still a little too sticky, or isn't doughy enough to roll out, gradually add in a little bit of powdered sugar while kneading with hands.
- FROSTING FOR CUPCAKES:
- No need to tell you how to make the frosting if you did buy the kind in the plastic container! But I will tell you that if you use a wilton metal frosting spatula, it makes your frosting skills look a lot better, and it's more fun!
- HOW TO FILL THE CUPCAKES:.
- Cut the top off of the cupcake and set aside.
- Roll out about one fourth of the peanut butter mix.
- Take the top of the cupcake and place on top of any area on the rolled out peanut butter dough.
- Take a knife, and trace the amount of filling you will need to fit the top of that cupcake.
- Cut it out, and place on top of cut cupcake.
- Then place the cupcake top back on cupcake.
- Frost, if desired.