Recipe by Elle Anderson
This recipe is from The Silver Palate cookbook. It comes together very quickly - especially if you precook the bacon. I usually do it on the weekend in the oven, remove, drain and paper towels on a plate in the fridge. For the weekday meal, I take the bacon out of the fridge, rough chop it and microwave for about 45 seconds. It's easy and delicious.
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 lb spaghetti (I prefer about 3/4)
- 3 eggs, large
- 1⁄3 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, must be fresh
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. OR do it before hand in the oven - about 350 for 20 minutes.
- Make spaghetti according to package directions. Cook until al dente and not mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs thoroughly. Have bacon, parsley and cheese ready on hand.
- When pasta is done, drain it, shaking breifly and then pour drained hot spaghetti into bowl with eggs. I know this is weird - but the heat of the pasta cooks the eggs. Immediately begin tossing pasta (with tongs works for me) with eggs until coated.
- Sprinkle with bacon dice, parsley and cheese and toss again.
- Serve with salt and pepper.