Recipe by Ashley S.
This is my Mom's recipe...no cooking required, can't get any easier than that! My family has been eating pickled eggs for as long as anyone can remember...If you ever wanted to try Pennsylvania Dutch food, this is a staple in everyone's house!!! It's hard to say house many this serves considering my husband could eat 8 in one day...we generally only make these for Easter and picnics!
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced beets
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together sugar, vinegar, and water. When sugar is dissolved add in eggs and beets (do not drain beet juice!) and add pepper to taste (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon, but we like things peppery).
- Put in fridge at least 24 hours before you start eating them.
- The longer they soak the better they are!
- Note: If you are going to triple (or even more) the recipe you might need to start cutting back on sugar.