Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My sister is a big Weight watchers follower and this is her recipe. I've used bone-in chicken pieces (legs, thighs,etc..)and it always turns out good.
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 1/2 lb)
- 236.59 ml corn flakes
- 236.59 ml prepared biscuit mix (I use all- purpose flour)
- 2 (56.69 g) package ranch dressing mix (dry)
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour buttermilk into shallow glass or plastic bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, crush cereal with rolling pin. Add Bisquick mix or flour and dressing mix (dry) to cereal in bag. Remove chicken from buttermilk; discard buttermilk. Add chicken to cereal mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Satisfied my "fried" chicken craving! I did not have the ranch dressing on hand so I used the dry ingredients from Ranch Dressing Mix.
This is very easy to make, and pretty quick also! I used 1/2 cornflake crumbs and half panko, instead of all cornflake crumbs....just not a huge cornflake fan. These turned out very nicely, and they had the advantage of being fairly light calorie wise! Mine weren't nice and golden, so I turned the broiler on for a couple of minutes to get them nice and golden brown on top. Thanks for sharing!
Super easy recipe, I do not like the taste of corn flakes so substituted Special K. It turn out great, juicy and flavorful. Will be using this on my chicken from now on. Also plan on trying it with fish. Thanks for sharing.