Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
How do you get your family to eat Bran? Make these muffins! They are nice and moist with a great flavor. They freeze really well, just pop 2 in the microwave for 35 seconds. Nice and filling for those mornings when you just dont have time to sit down to breakfast. If you do WW - these are only 1 point each!!
- 709.77 ml all-bran cereal
- 591.47 ml water
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 425.24 g boxkrusteaz fat-free orange cranberry muffin mix
- (Krusteaz mixes are on the cake mix aisle, the 15 oz is approx, I do not have a box on hand and just guessed for the recipe).
- Soak the All Bran Cereal in the water for 5 minutes.
- Spray muffin tins with Pam.
- Add the baking powder and the muffin mix to the cereal and mix well.
- Batter will be thick.
- Drain the can of cranberries and add the berries to the mix.
- Drop into muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- (Use ONLY the FAT FREE Krusteaz mixes with this recipe- for some reason the regular mixes dont taste as well- they have the orange cranberry, Apple Cinnamon and Blueberry- the blueberry is just as good as the orange cranberry, I have not tried apple cinnam).
These are great especially for those who are watching calories and fiber. I refrigerated the leftovers (could probably freeze too) and heated them in the microwave, then added a tad of butter. Perfect for weight watchers people!
I love these muffins! You get a big treat for just 1 point! The bran tast isn't too strong either. I added some crasins to mine for a bit of change. Also tried with apple, which isn't quite as good, but still good. One thing you must be aware of is that they will become very moist if put in a air-tight container.
Great source of fiber and low in fat. Not bad for being this healthy.