Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
How do you get your family to eat Bran? Make these muffins! They are nice and moist with a great flavor. They freeze really well, just pop 2 in the microwave for 35 seconds. Nice and filling for those mornings when you just dont have time to sit down to breakfast. If you do WW - these are only 1 point each!!
Top Review by Burnsey
These are great especially for those who are watching calories and fiber. I refrigerated the leftovers (could probably freeze too) and heated them in the microwave, then added a tad of butter. Perfect for weight watchers people!
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (15 ounce) boxkrusteaz fat-free orange cranberry muffin mix
Directions See How It's Made
- (Krusteaz mixes are on the cake mix aisle, the 15 oz is approx, I do not have a box on hand and just guessed for the recipe).
- Soak the All Bran Cereal in the water for 5 minutes.
- Spray muffin tins with Pam.
- Add the baking powder and the muffin mix to the cereal and mix well.
- Batter will be thick.
- Drain the can of cranberries and add the berries to the mix.
- Drop into muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- (Use ONLY the FAT FREE Krusteaz mixes with this recipe- for some reason the regular mixes dont taste as well- they have the orange cranberry, Apple Cinnamon and Blueberry- the blueberry is just as good as the orange cranberry, I have not tried apple cinnam).