Recipe by BarbieDoll1221
I had to make this for a class at school, I really liked it so I went home and changed a few of the ingredients. Its a favorite with all of my friends and a great gift!
- 2 cups Rice Chex (or cornflakes etc.) or 2 cups Corn Chex (or cornflakes etc.)
- 2 cups instant oatmeal (I use plain oatmeal, you could use the pre flavored kind)
- 2 -3 cups chocolate chips (depending on how sugary you want i)
- 2 -3 cups raisins (or multiple) or 2 -3 cups other dried fruit (or multiple)
- 1 -2 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 -3 cups peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in large/medium bowl.
- spray small/medium saucepan with non stick spray (or coat with a little butter etc. i also recommend for any spooned used to stir, or measuring cup).
- add peanut butter and honey, (**if adding marshmallows add before peanut butter, cook first until almost smooth than add peanut butter and honey) cook on medium to high heat until hot and smooth (about 5 minutes) AVOID BURNING!
- as soon as smooth remove from heat and add to dry ingredients, stir well. with hands if needed.
- lightly spray a square baking pan or cookie sheet (depending on how thick you want them).
- press mixture into pan, or on cookie sheet, place in fridge for atleast and hour and a half.
- don't slice until chilled. (servings vary depending on how you cut them).
- then enjoy! you may want to adjust some things per taste :).