Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Martha Stewart's SUPER EASY, SUPER RICH molten chocolate cake. I always thought making these would be so hard, but this is SO EASY! They're small (individual cupcake sized), but I'm sure you could use ramekins or something. They're also crusted with sugar after they come out of the oven. mmm. Martha said it makes exactly 6 cakes (1/4 cup of batter each), but I guess my muffin tins must run small, because I filled 6 and had enough for 2 more left over. I would butter and sugar extra tins first, and then wipe them out if they're unneeded, because it's hard to butter and sugar tins when there's batter in some. You can also melt the chocolate either in the microwave (use 1-2 minute increments, and stir between), or in a double boiler over the stove.
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400°F Butter 8 cups of your muffin tin (if you find that the batter doesn't fill all 8, you can just wipe them out later). Make sure there are no globs of butter in the cup though, because it'll make your cake mushy. Spoon some granulated sugar into each cup, swirling to make sure the cup is completely lined.
- 2. Next, cream the butter and granulated sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating them into the butter after each addition. Beat in flour and salt on low speed until combined. Then add in the molten chocolate, and beat until combined. At this point my batter was really runny, but Martha's on her video was more like cookie/cake batter. They both turn out fine.
- 3. Divide the batter among the muffin tins using a 1/4 cup measure, or until 3/4 full. These will rise some, so make sure you leave extra room.
- 4. Put the tin into the heated oven, and bake until the middle of the cakes no longer jiggle, about 8-12 minutes. Make sure you don't overcook it or you'll end up with chocolate cupcakes! Remove the tin from the oven, and let it sit for 10minutes before turning the cakes out.
- 5. Place them wide side down onto a plate, dust with confectioner's sugar, and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
These are so good and easy to make.
These were so easy and delicious. I divided between 6 cakes, so it was a little more than a 1/4 cup in each. I kept checking them after 8 min. and still ended up cooking a little too long. They were still gooy in the middle, just not as much as they should have been. Will definitely make again!! Thank you :)