- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (90%-95%)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 3 (16 ounce) cans Del Monte crushed tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar mild salsa
- hot sauce (Fire In The Hole is good!)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced olives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in (preheated) large skillet with a little water.
- Drain and rinse beef in a colander.
- MUST RINSE IF YOU WANT IT LOW FAT!
- Leave the colander in the sink.
- Put beef in a stock pot.
- Rinse kidney beans in the colander.
- Mix them with the beef.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook over med-low heat for about an hour.
- Stir once in a while.
- DON'T LET IT BURN!
- Serve hot.
- Great with Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Note: For the best Nachos EVER, Spread finished chili over tortilla chips, top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place in preheated 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Sour cream on the side.
- You can make this into 2 layers also.
- Just add more chips, then chili, then cheese again.
- Same cooking time if layered.