Recipe by Air Force Mama
Really quick, easy dish to go with your Mexican dinner night!!!
Top Review by Susie D
This lovely rice turned out a pretty light pink and was perfect to accompany spicy King Ranch Chicken. I used chicken broth instead of the cubes to lower the salt content. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011. =)
- 236.59 ml rice, uncooked
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml oil, divided
- 2.46 ml minced garlic clove
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 2 water
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken bouillon to the pan and crush the cubes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and the rice and fry the rice until the rice turns slightly brown.
- Add the salt, water and tomato paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan and simmer 25 minutes.
- Mix rice thoroughly and serve.