Recipe by Air Force Mama
Really quick, easy dish to go with your Mexican dinner night!!!
Top Review by Susie D
This lovely rice turned out a pretty light pink and was perfect to accompany spicy King Ranch Chicken. I used chicken broth instead of the cubes to lower the salt content. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011. =)
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 3⁄4 water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken bouillon to the pan and crush the cubes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and the rice and fry the rice until the rice turns slightly brown.
- Add the salt, water and tomato paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan and simmer 25 minutes.
- Mix rice thoroughly and serve.