Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really quick, easy dish to go with your Mexican dinner night!!!
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 3⁄4 water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken bouillon to the pan and crush the cubes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and the rice and fry the rice until the rice turns slightly brown.
- Add the salt, water and tomato paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan and simmer 25 minutes.
- Mix rice thoroughly and serve.
This lovely rice turned out a pretty light pink and was perfect to accompany spicy King Ranch Chicken. I used chicken broth instead of the cubes to lower the salt content. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011. =)
This is exactly how my grandmother in New Mexico taught me to make Mexican rice, only she used lard and chicken stock. Fabulous and easy! Thanks for sharing!
Super easy and yummy. Used a whole clove of garlic, and most likely would add a little spice to it next time, but everyone enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!