Super Easy Meringue Cookies
- set oven to 300 degrees and line one or two cookie sheets with pastry or wax paper.
- first you want to blend together the egg whites, salt, and vanilla very well together over a double boiler (i don't have one but i've found that if you use a medium pot with 1'' of water and a medium mixing bowl, it helps out very much).
- put it all in a stand- up mixer (like our kitchen-aide) and blend at high.
- while blending slowly add sugar until stiff peaks occur.
- after peaks are made, put in a pastry/icing bag (using corner of a freezer bag or a tight funnel made of wax paper works as well) and pipe onto lined cookie sheet
- bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are a slight golden shade.
- serve while warm or put in air tight container (keeps for about a week if they last that long).