Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a super easy way to make a meatloaf. I actually made this recipe up from a roast beef recipe that was made by my sister-in-law. She had put Catalina Salad dressing over a roast and baked it, and it was super yummy, so I thought, why not put it in my meatloaf...and so, this is what I created. My husband is not a meatloaf person, but loves this one. I have other friends who have adopted this recipe as well, since it is so simple to make and yummy in the tummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (or sometimes I use oatmeal if I don't have bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup kraft Catalina dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat an egg in a mixing bowl.
- Add in ground beef, bread crumbs, garlic powder and onion powder and mix together.
- Add in almost all of the cup of Catalina until the ground beef rolls into a ball.
- Place meat mixture into a greased bread pan and then add the remaining Catalina dressing on top of meat mixture.
- Bake for an hour and a half.
I tried this because it looked close to the meatloaf my mom used to make when I was a kid. The Catalina dressing is the key! I added diced onions instead of onion powder, along with about a teaspoon of creole seasoning. It was very easy, and I like the flavor better than the catsup-sauced meatloaf recipes.
Great recipe. We really enjoyed it. The dressing is sweet without being over powering and the meatloaf ends up being soft and flavorful. I sauted an onion and a couple cloves of garlic in a little olive oil rather than using the powder and I used oatmeal because that was what I had here. I will be making this again though as it was a very easy meatloaf that still had a lot of flavor.
We LOVE this meatloaf!!! My husband and I both agree with you, definitely yummy to the tummy. I made exactly as written and will make this again. Thanks for a quick and easy meatloaf.