Found this Appetizer at an end of Year function what we went to in 2006 and it's so ridiculously EASY, but sophisticated and yummy to boot... Only two ingredients and they go sooo well together ! We had it served in individual glasses, so pop them in the fridge and forget about it until it's time to mingle with our guests. We had a variety of cheese 'sticks" : cumin, clove infused, old cheese, but any firm cheese will do perfectly. Serving size depends on how big your cheese sticks are and how much compote you like to put into your glasses. Since Figs are typically a very southern European fruit I will put this into ZWT Region: Spain.
- 215 g fig compote
- 200 g cheese (in a block)
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the Fig Compote neatly into the bottom of each small drinking glass.
- Take the block of cheese and cut it into sticks about 10 cm (4 inches) long by 2.5cm (1 inch) wide and at least 1.5 cm (1/2 inch) so that the sticks don't break in half too easily.
- Stand 3 cheese sticks in the glass in the compote so that each guest has an individual serving to dip and eat.
- Refrigerate until needed. Circulate with your guests! Enjoy!