I came up with this marinade after buying some Mahi-Mahi without any real idea on what I was going to do with it. It's so simple, it makes a great weeknight meal that is still impressive with the addition of some rice and a salad. I use Zatarain's blackened seasoning for mine, but any other blackened or Cajun seasoning will do just fine. Preparation time includes marinating. I haven't tried it yet, but the fish could also be easily grilled.
- Combine lime juice, salsa verde and mahi-mahi fillets in a freezer bag.
- Marinade for two to three hours, turning every thirty minutes or so.
- Place fillets on a greased cooking sheet. If a little of the marinade still remains on the fish, it is okay.
- Dust with blackened seasoning to taste.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Super easy and really good! We kept the fish in the marinade for 3 hours, then grilled it over charcoal. This was so quick to make, fresh and delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009