I invented this recipe when I had a bad tooth and needed something easy to fix and eat as well as delicious. My family has loved this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 slices bacon
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1/2 cup butter
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1Peel and chop potatoes into cubes.
- 2Put potatoes into a large pot.
- 3Add 32 oz container of chicken stock.
- 4Add water until the potatoes are covered with liquid.
- 5Add the whole yellow onion and minced garlic.
- 6Clean the green onions removing the tips from each end.
- 7Add the whole green onions to the pot.
- 8Cook the bacon in the microwave.
- 9Add the whole slices of bacon.
- 10Bring the pot of ingredients to a soft boil stirring occasionally.
- 11Once the potatoes are cooked (can easily cut a potato with a fork), remove the yellow and green onions and bacon from the pot.
- 12Add one or two sticks of butter, 8 oz sour cream, cream of chicken soup and 1 cup heavy cream.
- 13Stir until blended.
- 14Add bag of shredded cheese.
- 15Stir until blended.
- 16Add salt, parsley, paprika, and peppers. Add more to taste.
- 17Serve with a little sour cream, shredded cheese, or crumbled bacon on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Loaded Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.7
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 33.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 933.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g