Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my traditional way of fixing banana pudding. When ever I take this some where I never bring home any leftovers, so I split it into two casseroles. This will make a 9x13 or 2 smaller casseroles.
- 1 (16 ounce) box reduced-fat vanilla wafers (you might not use whole box, save some for topping)
- 1 (6 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups skim milk (cold)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free (thawed)
- 3 -4 bananas
- In whatever size dish you use. Put a single layer of vanilla wafers in bottom, and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pudding mix and milk according to directions on box. Let sit for 5 minutes till set.
- Fold cool whip into pudding.
- Slice bananas into 1/4 inch slices and layer over wafers. Spoon pudding mixture over bananas.
- Top as desired. I usually lay a layer of vanilla wafers around outside of dish, but you can also crush some wafers and sprinkle over the top, or top with additional bananas and cool whip. But if you use bananas for garnish, toss with lemon juice first to avoid browning.
I have never had banana pudding but wow was this good. I had to add 3 more cups of milk to the pudding and cool whip mixture as I thought it was way to thick. Other then that, we thought it was great. Will make again!
We liked this a lot for being fat and sugar free! There is a bit of a different flavor from a regular banana pudding but also very tasty. Takes no time to make and that is a nice bonus too!
Absolutely heavenly - and doesn't taste low fat! I'm told we MUST have this all the time now. I made a half recipe using one (.9 ounce) four serving box of pudding mix.