This is my traditional way of fixing banana pudding. When ever I take this some where I never bring home any leftovers, so I split it into two casseroles. This will make a 9x13 or 2 smaller casseroles.
- In whatever size dish you use. Put a single layer of vanilla wafers in bottom, and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pudding mix and milk according to directions on box. Let sit for 5 minutes till set.
- Fold cool whip into pudding.
- Slice bananas into 1/4 inch slices and layer over wafers. Spoon pudding mixture over bananas.
- Top as desired. I usually lay a layer of vanilla wafers around outside of dish, but you can also crush some wafers and sprinkle over the top, or top with additional bananas and cool whip. But if you use bananas for garnish, toss with lemon juice first to avoid browning.