Top Review by Felines
Doing WW so I made a few substitutions, barley for rice (precooked), ground turkey for ground beef and added red pepper flakes for some zip. Got it down to 4 points per serving! My husband liked it and he doesn't like cooked cabbage. I loved it! You just made it so easy. Thanks
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 cups instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage (rough chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, do not drain
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with Pam.
- Mix Tomato soup, 1/2 soup can of water and diced tomatoes together in a bowl until blended.
- Place a layer of chopped cabbage on bottom of pan (about 1/2).
- Put 1/2 of chopped onions over cabbage.
- Crumble 1/2 of raw Ground Sirloin over onions and cabbage.
- Season with Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of Uncooked rice over this layer.
- Pour 1/2 of Tomato mixture over this layer.
- Repeat layers, ending with Rice and tomato mixture on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour covered, uncover and bake until liquid is reduced to your personal taste.
- We like ours with some juice.
- Served with fresh baked bread and butter, great comfort food on a cold (for Florida) night.