Recipe by Ambassadress of GoodHumor
This lasagna is just too good to be so easy! Uncooked noodles along with store-brand spaghetti sauce are used in the preparation of this dish. Serve it to your most special of guests... I won't tell if you don't!
Top Review by NancyF
This is a great recipe. I did add a pound of lean ground beef that I had browned to the spagetti sauce. I have made this several times for company and also have taken it to a family with a new baby. This recipe has never failed for me and it tastes great.
- 2 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (your favorite store brand)
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked (9 pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In saucepan, heat spaghetti sauce and water.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine ricotta, 2 cups mozarella cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Pour 3/4 cup sauce in a 13 x 9" baking dish.
- Arrange 3 pieces uncooked pasta over sauce.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce over pasta; spread with half of the mozarella-ricotta cheese mixture.
- Cover cheese mixture with 1/2 cup sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with pasta and remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozarella cheese.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.