While shopping for ingredients for King Ranch Casserole, I found almost everything I needed in one can! I modified a recipe on the back of a new type of Campbell's soup-- Creamy Chicken Verde, one of their Southwest Style Cooking line. (Verde is spanish for green, referring to the poblano pepper in the soup) Try it, you'll like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can creamy chicken verde soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used thawed, pre-cooked chicken breast strips meant for fajitas)
- 5 small corn tortillas (cut into strips)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (like Kraft Mexican Style 4 cheese blend, or plain old cheddar)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray shallow casserole or pie plate with cooking spray.
- 3In the pan- mix soup, water, garlic powder, and diced chicken.
- 4Stir in tortilla strips.
- 5Top with shredded cheese.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 200.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creamy chicken verde soup