Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
While shopping for ingredients for King Ranch Casserole, I found almost everything I needed in one can! I modified a recipe on the back of a new type of Campbell's soup-- Creamy Chicken Verde, one of their Southwest Style Cooking line. (Verde is spanish for green, referring to the poblano pepper in the soup) Try it, you'll like it!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can creamy chicken verde soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I used thawed, pre-cooked chicken breast strips meant for fajitas)
- 5 small corn tortillas (cut into strips)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (like Kraft Mexican Style 4 cheese blend, or plain old cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray shallow casserole or pie plate with cooking spray.
- In the pan- mix soup, water, garlic powder, and diced chicken.
- Stir in tortilla strips.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.