Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Under 1/2 an hour, looks like you slaved over a hot stove goodness!
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes (sliced thin)
- 1 medium white onion (sliced thin)
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning, by mccormick
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup fresh green beans (cut in halv)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh carrot (chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 10 leaves fresh basil (chopped or torn)
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese (romano, parmesan or mozzerella)
- Cut chicken into 1" slices. Place in a bowl and douse with balsamic vinegar, set aside.
- Chop all your ingredients.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 Tbls olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken and remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 Tbls olive oil to same skillet. Add a thin layer of potatoes and onion, sprinkle with Monteray seasoning, and repeat until all your potatoes and onions are in the pan. Let cook, stirring occasionally until potatoes and onion begin to brown. Add green beans and carrots, sprinkle with a touch more Montreal seasoning. Add chicken back to the pan.
- Pour crushed tomatoes over the top. Sprinkle with basil and oregano. Cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile: Turn on broiler.
- When potatoes are tender, sprinkle cheese over the top, and place under broiler just until the cheese melts and begins to turn brown.
Excellent and quick. Very tasty!